APU Faculty Development Day
Faculty Development Day is a day dedicated to faculty. With a focus on growth and community-building, faculty are given opportunity to learn from one another and to network with faculty they may rarely encounter on a daily basis. The 2013 Faculty Development Day theme, Pursuing a Culture of Academic Excellence, led to a significant number of helpful workshops. Please feel free to peruse these materials and to contact the faculty presenter or CTLA if you have additional questions.
Schedule of Presentations
Click on the link below to see the schedule of FDD presentations.
The link below is for an online guide that was presented in Marsha Fowler and Michelle Spomer's session, Fueling the Flame: Resources for Faith Integration Research & Scholarship.
Handouts and Slide Presentations
The materials in this section were provided by the FDD presenters. Hover your mouse over the links to see the related session title.
For specific citation information, please contact the presenter(s).
- Allbaugh - CWPA: A Statement of Outcomes (National) for First Year Writing Courses
- Allbaugh - Locating the Arguments: Designing Writing Assignments that Teach Your Field
- Bledsoe/Simmerok - Multimedia Presentation
- Fenwick/Visser - Adaptation of the CCSSE Classroom Observation Form
- Fenwick/Visser - Critical Incident Questionnaire
- Fenwick/Visser - Engagement Techniques & Activities
- Fenwick/Visser - Knowles’ Andragogy: Six Underlying Assumptions
- Fenwick/Visser - Rooted in Experience: Facilitating Integrative Engagement in the Classroom
- Gin - Engaging Best Practices for Large Classes
- Gin - IDEA Student Ratings of Instruction
- Guzman/Martinez/Warren - 2010-2011 HERI Faculty Survey (UCLA)
- Guzman/Martinez/Warren - A Framework for Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Guzman/Martinez/Warren - Building Creativity and Collaboration in Diverse Classrooms
- Guzman/Martinez/Warren - Diversity Posters
- Guzman/Martinez/Warren - Reflective Exercise Based on the Multicultural Teaching Model...
- Guzman/Martinez/Warren - Relevance, Respect, and Relationships for Academic Excellence...
- Kwinn - Tell Me a Story
- Lafreniere - Supplementary Material
- Lafreniere - Utilizing Rubrics as an Act of Academic Excellence
- McCoy - Going Beyond Rote: Training and Testing for Explained Thinking
- McCoy - REAL Explanations Activity Worksheet
- Wilson - Point & Click Pedagogy: Could Your Online Students Achieve More?